Re: Protection for Newbs

There have been multiple discussions on it. Protections are different across different universes to attract players based on this characteristic. If we flatten out the option for all universes, less diversification among universes will mean less reasons to play an older universe.

Sorry, I don't remember seeing too much about this.

I understand your logic.

But one million in one server, then 100k in another, it's a very wide spread in overall score. For instance, Standard. Once upon a time it was 10k points. I argued back then that this was too low, that newbs should have more protection. Regardless of my arguments for this, it was probably in the pipeline anyway. However, a 990,000 point increase was a bit drastic!! But perhaps 500k would have been more realistic?

But, I have in the past dipped my toe in to other servers. The protection in at least one of them is very,very low. I know how to play the game but even then, for a newb, it seemed too low.

It won't make a huge difference though. Plus, you will get the counter-argument, the classic one, that it is better for someone to get crushed early.

In our design, Standard, as the slowest universe, benefits from this big limit.
Reloaded, which is the newest and has no bashing rule, is a different case where we want to allow target of anyone, in an effort to have more targets available.