Make Turtles Great Again

ok let get into this fast.
Death Star is a monster.
but for every fish there is a bigger fish.
Lunar Guardians can eat Death Stars.
which means if you want to crash Death Stars to dust, you have to own a big number of Lunars ready for battle.
but if anyone plans to focus on defense and have millions of defense points, there is no specific counter for Death Stars.
even Plasma Cannon which is the best and strongest defense unit, can't do that well againts Death Stars.
yes! end of the line for turtles.
i think we really need a new defense unit made to counter those monsters efficiently.
or at least a rework on RFs of existing defense units.
what if i am a turtle and someone is invading me with 5000 Death Stars? a turtle never builds a large army of Lunars. in current state of the game even biggest shells get crashed "easily" by Death Stars.
(except in the Reloaded universe that players can reach 100% defense regeneration)
Light is Easy to Love
Show me Your Darkness

Re: Make Turtles Great Again

Can't have defenses that counter everything, because then what do you do to get rid of the defenses? Reloaded does have the issue of massive shells. Who is going to dump billions into missiles? Especially when you can spend a fifth of the price and just counter them.
This games core player base is built around activity, raiding and fleeting. Being a miner or turtle has little to no activity, usually the last peg on the activity chart before quitting.
Defense is pretty counter play to the game, and honestly turtles are detrimental to player counter/activity. Become immune and do nothing, what a game.

Doomrager wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:00 am
Can't have defenses that counter everything, because then what do you do to get rid of the defenses? Reloaded does have the issue of massive shells. Who is going to dump billions into missiles? Especially when you can spend a fifth of the price and just counter them.
This games core player base is built around activity, raiding and fleeting. Being a miner or turtle has little to no activity, usually the last peg on the activity chart before quitting.
Defense is pretty counter play to the game, and honestly turtles are detrimental to player counter/activity. Become immune and do nothing, what a game.
1. i bet you never suffered a defense bash by the death stars. otherwise u wouldn't say that right?
what if i'm a busy guy who can not dedicate 12 hours of my day on playing this game?? like some people do.
2. believe or not, there are people in the game who bash defense for fun! and not even resources! some people enjoy attacking smaller players by using 2k-3k Death Stars!! isn't this anti-fun and jerky??? yes for bigger players like you, problems of 15-30th players never are important.
3. as far as i can remember when this game was started, the purpose was allowing players to have their own play style. maybe due to my busy life or anything else i desire to be a turtle or miner. so what!? quit just because i have no time to raid for 12 hours a day and build fleets?
4. i am not asking for an "ultimate counter" defense unti against death stars. all i ask is a unit that can do decently vs death stars. "Decently".
at the current state of game death stars can tear down any shell without a high risk!

p: i edited a few times because my mother language is not english and i needed to correct some words
p2: for the first time i didn't use any color :D
Light is Easy to Love
Show me Your Darkness

Runcho wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:47 pm
RIPs are effective vs defences, but they are also the slowest ships in game. If you catch the launch early enough there is plenty of time to coordinate with someone that has the time and LGs to set up a ninja.
Wow that's a perfect theory!
but when it comes to reality...it's completely different
what if someone is invading you with 12000 RiPs and highest fleet points of ur whole alliance is 1.2m?

admin and players don't not give a F about what i'm suggesting because i never spent 3000$ on rubies! and make a name for myself (with ruby moons, imperial support,...)
Light is Easy to Love
Show me Your Darkness

In every universe there are players with big fleets that are rivals. You can always ask one of the rivals to help you.

And you know what? Yes! I don't give a F about your request because what you want is basically invincible turtles. Every play should have a counterplay, you clearly recognize it from your first post but you keep whining about it because someone RIP raided you. Spoiler alert - this is not a simulator game, this is real time PvP game.

FYI - I started late in the universe. Many people have come many times after me. I endured them all and now every single one of them is under me in the highscore. And no, I haven't spend thousands on this game, I've managed to make only 1 purchase for 25 Euro in 2 years since I've started playing.

You need to adapt to the conditions you are surrounded with and figure out a way to make it work. I have done a lot of theory crafting and I have changed strategies several times to best fit my needs. You see all those players on the top of the universes? They have done the same.

Ah Runch,o, you speak too much sense I think.

Thing is, you build, you work hard, you build your fleets up, keep them safe, you take advantage of poor game play of others. Therefore you are wrong, can't you see that??
Others don't, they leave stuff sitting around, they complain that YOU play for twelve hours a day, regardless of whether you do or not. They are right of course. You use intelligence and gameplay, you've learned how to play the game, you get on with it.

If you do get hit, you don't complain, you put it down to experience and rebuild. You don't whinge and whine.

Players leave stuff sitting, you take advantage of this and hit them. Therefore you are wrong, they're right. Don't you realise this yet? lol.

The wild personal attacks following the reasons I gave you, tell me your not interested in discussing it. Why make the post for a discussion if you have no intention to consider opposing ideas?
Regardless runcho is right. Your original post has been more than answered.
I'll pretend like your other posts never happened because there rather...how should I say, not really relevant? No one really plays (12h a day lol? It's almost like I made a strong point to show not many play much at all) And you know damn well no one spends $3000.
The rest of what you said is belly aching over assumably personal experience being hit. News flash big players usually only hit "JUST DEFENSE" when you are approaching the "can't be broken ever" numbers of defense which despite your belief, is quite possible, and as someone who had to deal with it more than once on standard, I can tell you NO fleeter will ever want to let it reach that point. It's a war game, don't want to risk resources put them in buildings or research.
The comment on ranks is novel as since you where part of my fan club for awhile must know everyone comes from nothing. Some of us spent a long time in 30+ to get here.
Believe either of those your probably not ready to discuss game changes, not that your wanting to "discuss" anyway.

well Runcho is your teammate and yes that's why you agree with him
you are missing the point
everyone should be able to have their own play style
7m Metal - 2m Crystal and 2m Deuterium
and someone launches an attack with 85000 Lunars to travel 112 systems and attack me for what? how it's even profitable? i didn't trash talk to him/her. never launched iPMs... i'm playing this game for years.. but what about newer guys? it could end their short career ...
yes this is a war game
it supposed to be!
i inflicted high damage, i suffered high damage. that's ok as long as they hunt fleets.
but currently it's a ruby game. pay to win!
Light is Easy to Love
Show me Your Darkness