Re: Make Turtles Great Again

Alduin, I have to agree with pretty much everyone else who has posted on this thread. I’m only weighing in because you’re accusing players of only agreeing with each other because they are teammates; I’m not in an alliance nor have I ever been in one with anyone who had weighed in on this thread, and yet I think Runcho, Doomranger, and Oz are correct in this particular instance.

As for your point about new players, I am all for higher protection and measures that make it easier to learn the game and more likely new players will stick around. But let me point out to you: no new player straight out of protection is going to have a large shell. The only players who manage to build up huge shells are well established and have been playing for a while. I also agree with what everyone else has said about how you should have to actually play the game in an intelligent way and make an effort if you want to successfully protect your fleet and resources, and about how huge shells that can’t be broken are bad for the game. The 90%+ defense regen on Reloaded is already ridiculous, in my opinion, and favors the defender far too heavily. What large shells and high defense regen rates ultimately tend to do is make such fleets and resources inaccessible to all but the largest fleeters as opposed to leveling the playing field in any way. This is bad for good, competitive, interesting gameplay.

I know why you made this post, and I sympathize with your desire for safety in some regard. It’s human nature, after all, even in a game. But this game is only fun when you have clever opponents and face true challenges. It would not even be a game without these things.

The fact is that certain styles do not suit some versions of this game. Also,the game has evolved and is continuing to do so, constantly. As they say, if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Evolve or die.

The game masters I think saw this game as primarily p2p, one player versus another. So turtles were always going to be fodder for the fleeters and raiders. If this is your style of play, expect this to happen. As players who fleet/raid grow bigger, expect it to happen more often. Simple.

Don't blame it on rubies. This insults the players who have generally built their empires up through hard work. It does make any argument you put forward less convincing. It also smacks of jealousy.

Pulsar wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:36 pm
huge shells that can’t be broken are bad for the game.
and how about huge fleets which can not be torn down?
that fella who has 15,000 Death Stars and bullying everyone by using them...how about this? isn't that "BAD" for the game?
i believe you all are missing the point!

i am not asking for a cheap and extremely powerful defense unit that counter Death Stars (or any other ship) EASILY.
i'm just saying we need a more decent defense unit vs these monsters.
Death Stars are ridiculously unstoppable versus defense structures

@Oz: it's really satisfying when i look at your name and realize you are not a moderator anymore : ))))))
and i do not discuss with anti-fun and empty-headed people like you

Warning issued. This is a game development forum. Discussing opinions about problems with gameplay and alternatives is fine, but please refrain from baiting, trolling, and purely personal attacks. Thanks. -Pulsar
Light is Easy to Love
Show me Your Darkness

Whether I am a moderator or not is irrelevant.

If you cannot evolve with the game, then you will, as you always do, fail.

If you want a cheap fix to remedy your inadequacies in the game, then I think again, you will fail.

Poor players always seem to look for an excuse, a reason for their failures. As you are now. If you cannot compete because you are not very good at the game, then that's just down to you.

Try to be better than you are, you never know, it might work. Alas, for you, I doubt that.

You grasp at the slightest little thing to argue your point. In this case, I'm not a moderator anymore. Lol. So, if this gives you some sort of pleasure, hurrah for you. But, as they say, "little things please little minds". Or in your case, a closed mind.

But if you are using this "crutch" to put your point across, once again, you will fail as it's completely unrelated to your original point.

A good suggestion for you might be, put in as much work in to the game as your opponents, you know, the ones with "15,000 RIPs". Then you might accomplish something in the game. Or, is this too much hard work for you? Instead of insulting these players, compete with them, do not always look for the easy way out.