Removal of Banned players

I am wondering if Banned players accounts can be removed from the game as they take up universe slots that could otherwise be used by active players. Seeing as these players are banned and not returning unlike long term Vmode accounts can they not simply be removed altogether from the game, just a suggestion that could help active players.

Re: Removal of Banned players

We could do this.
In general, this is an issue that needs to be dealt with.

My priority , in my book, are the planets who belong to players that go inactive. At some universes, we delete them but this has not been a popular choice. Still, this is a case that can be abused and we do not want such loopholes in our game.

If I had to make a call, then I would make the following calls:

1)Splitting planets into important and ineligible ones. We will need your help to define this but If not, this will be defined solely by the total worth of buildings in points. It will be a point that below this a planet is classified as ineligible and above that as important.

2)All planets with ineligible infrastructure that belong to long term inactive/banned/vmode accounts are removed after a set time. This will be done without any exception; Even if your account is a golden vmoder (aka having 100 rubies or more If I recall correctly) ineligible planets will be still lost.

In case such a planet is the last one of a player, the player will also be removed. Given the fact that we now have central account management for some years, every old golden vmoder will lose his account and rubies if he has not made the transition. Of course, this will not affect big players of the past as those will have at least one important planet. In fact, I am not sure it will affect any golden vmoder at all.

3)All important planets belonging to Banned\Long term inactive\Vmode players (exception: golden vmoders are excepted) are randomly taken over by NPCs.

==========================================

NPC functionality:
--------------------------
Once a planet is taken over by NPC it starts to have some traits and behaviors. I won't analyze this here and this will probably be added only to RELOADED universe.

In general, picture those NPCs as independent entities, with their own personality controlling a single planet. As long as the planet remains under their control, they will develop the planet normally. If the initial player returns, the player will resume the planet control.

SInce NPCs control one planet only they will be competing with same planets owned by the same player. Still, they will bear his name but only the controlled planets will show as active and out of vmode. This will be a way to determine that a planet is under NPC control (multiple planets under vmode except 1 or 2 , then this 1 or 2 are NPC controlled).

At all cases, NPC governors numbers will be controlled and less than 50% of the planets under active players control. So, if there are 1000 planets active, then the NPC controlled planets will be at MAX 500. Their total number will always grow or diminish towards this number in a gradual way.

How does this sound ? Again, this will only be considered for RELOADED universe.

Re: Removal of Banned players

Think this sounds a very good Idea there have been way too many vmode inactive players for so long. Of course I am sure you can email these players giving them notice of removal and the option to return. However they may just return for a short period to prevent this, thinking they can then return back into Vmode. It may be a good idea to stipulate that this can only been done for a shorter period of time and thus the more they do this the shorter the time period until they either play or be removed forever. ( a stipulated play time from exit to returning to vmode should be weeks not days as it is now. of course the player can always email you in an emergency situations if the need arises).

As for which type of accounts in my opinion any account below Noob protection that is long term vmode or inactive should be removed. I also feel any account with fleet /building or research in top 20 or so players list should remain for a longer period after being contacted if they still remain in vmode they to should be removed.

I am unsure the game needs non-player characters if that is what you are considering...?

In short removal of dead wood can only improve the game. IMO
Oh and last time I checked you just need 50 rubies or more to prevent account removal

Last but not least Happy New Year to everyone in ZE..