Re: List of Approved Suggestions [Last Update: October 21 20

Suggestion: Once a week or a couple times a month the GO's should increase mine production by 100%, these events would only have to last 24 hours or so but it would give a reason to bring more players online at these times. These 2x production speed events would be a blast for raiders, fleeters, and miners alike. Also maybe a new attack ship or two, nothing huge and over powering like RIP's but something in the cruiser class and something in the battle cruisers class, maybe even a new type of fighter would make things more interesting as well.

Re: List of Approved Suggestions [Last Update: March 19 2012

I have digged up to 1 month topics. I approved/disapproved where fit. All the rest have to be considered open. For older topics of 1 month, feel free to bump and I will review again in about a week.

There is still time to gather ideas as we have not yet entered development phase for the new game version.

New game version development will start in May (this means in about a month). It will result in a much different game version from what you already know which will be released as a new universe in 2013.

During this development, all gameplay improvements will be copied to existing universes (There will not be new "game" features though. For examples, check currently approved suggestions list at the first post of this topic).

As always, any "new features" for existing universes IS possible (virtually anytime) but they will need to reach a final stage in terms of development details and also receive support from existing universe players.

For ship ideas, refer here

Re: List of Approved Suggestions [Last Update: Feb 11 2012]

Perhaps but there are so many items outstanding, you really need to prioritize and then work off of a list instead of just willy nilly doing whatever comes to mind.

Or perhaps allow the community to help.

The last change I can recall for Xtreme was when you copied over the probe data from massacre.... that was how many months ago? Oh let's not forget inactive deleting (and adding news ones in)

I know you were working on Generals but I think most of the community would agree it's time to work down some of the list for the other universes

Since probes fix in July there have been many implementations with the top one for X-TREME being facebook integration (for new players only) which took place in mid October. You can find most here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9731&start=10

There was also the account-switching in-game feature, player report/block for pms feature to name a couple big ones.

There are also features not mentioned there which we always develop. Such are administration monitoring tools to fight cheating, statistics tools to analyze what we need to improve, marketing tools to analyze how we can bring more people to the game and finally maintenance which alone can be significant at times.

What I want to say is don't be too harsh on us. If you want to criticize us, at least get your facts straight first.

I'll preface this post by saying that I'm honestly not trying to give you a hard time Zorg, I'm just not sugar coating what I think or what I see. I'm not giving dire predictions of doom and gloom if X or Y is not done soon but there are legitimate gripes that have been brought forward to inaction and neglect. You can see for yourself in the posts on the forums that I'm not the only one by a long shot who feels like nothing will happen.

Well most of what you've named off quite honestly I get the feeling no one is interested in. Facebook integration for new players? Great, the player base is concerned about retention of new players and something fresh or at least some annoyances fixed. Please don't go quoting skewed numbers of new accounts created now that you're dropping new newbie accounts (In Extreme anyway) to allow them to go inactive.

account switching feature, I'll give you that.. it's cool. Biggest problem is no one really trusts what it says though so since it's Achilles heel is that they have to send you an email basically telling you Hey! I Switched accounts!... sorry to say that was a waste of time. Points for the idea though.

Report/block PMs feature.. that was good. Just to play the devil's advocate in the argument though.... most every other game had that at launch.... not 5? years in.

The rest of your list you will (and rightly so) say that the player base has no reason to see the details of.

So you essentially leave us with... hey we did some stuff... secret stuff but trust us it was done!

I can think of at least 1 post where you said something was going to happen by X time and wow it still has not happened. Just stick to what you say and I won't have a gripe, say hey we'll get to it when we get to it... I'm happy!

You come across as really disorganized when you say one thing and another happens.

Perfect example... Speed options 1-100%.

During the discussion for it you come out like the companion of the players.. if it's a burden then it must go!
Implemented in Mass.
Will be copied over to every other uni as soon as it is verified bug free.
Nothing
Well it needs to have a post by the players requesting it now
Posts made requesting it
Nothing

Not even a Hi this is a nice thread here or well we changed our minds (Though you didn't because you put it in Generals and it's still in Mass last I checked)

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e27_1289712470
That about sums up a lot of peoples feelings about the situation ;)

As a general statement, I want to say that lately I can see a lot of supportive posts in the forums and this is what we primarily need for RETENTIONS. A positive aura is the best ingredient that this game needs RIGHT NOW and I want you to help in this direction if you can.

Our disagreement with you and some other players who share same views with you is what keeps a player here. We believe that NEW features do not necessarily keep a player here. They may help in retention by prolonging the time before a player deserts. But eventually, a player that wants to leave, will not be stopped by new features. Players come and players leave, that's the cycle.

Regarding your basic accusation of not doing what we announce, I can admit that there have been quite a few examples of where this happened. In our defence I will say two things; 1)There can be reasons that come up and change our programming and 2)In the end these do not play a major role in game's evolution as you may thing.

In the example you gave, there was a controverial discussion if we should implement this or not. I will give a full reply on the last topic opened for that feature to at least clean this up and make a step forward.