Searchable Circular History

A circular history that can be searched could be handy. It could potentially eliminate the need some alliances feel to have a seperate forum website. Right now the history for the circulars is so short that any one who goes on v-mode will come back and be totally out of the loop. Also any valuable discussions about alliance strategies and tips are lost if they are on the circs.

The search function will make it convenient to find previous alliance discussion on any topic.

Trox
Trox

Re: Searchable Circular History

This would mean you also need a way to archive important discussions.Something I support but could put allot of strain on zorg servers.
Gale points:ummm to far behind to care and too long since I got one to remember

That which is written without effort is usually read without enjoyment.

Wikipedia: "The Bible, a 800,000-word book, is only about 4 MB"

So 1.5 TB of memory could hold 375,000 Bibles worth of text.

Cost of 1.5 TB drive on Tigerdirect.com = $60

That's a lot of writing! :)

We could have it dump everything older than a year. The game changes a lot in that time anyway.
Trox

Great! I do like the extra circular history. Thanks!

I also suggest the ability to hide posts older than a week or so, or just break them into pages (maybe by weeks or months) so that only the newer stuff loads initially. This will just clean up the circular page.
Or maybe we could have an option to click that toggles between showing the last 20, 50, 100, or all circulars.

edit:
I just realized that the easiest way to make the circular history searchable would be the option with the whole history displayed on one page. Then we just use ctrl+f to search it! :)

Thanks!
Trox