Re: When is a "Retirement" not a retirement?

Hatter wrote:Better yet, How about a Player, call him Harvey, secretly just quits the game, turning account info over to another Player who "Sits" it. Raiding and building Fleet, then another Player, call him" Elwood" Luckily, catches
said Fleet parked about once every two weeks on Average, posting storylines on how this was accomplished,
telling us what a good sport "Harvey" was about the hit, yet "Elwood" seems to be the only one who has actually had contact with "harvey" in many months?

Seems it was "Jake's" turn to hit "Harvey" this time... :wall: :wall: :naughty:

― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Hmmm, since we're talking about "retiring" , then starting a new account and going through the same cycle again and again...
Where are Logged and GoD?
I don't know why their names popped up in my thoughts when i read this thread lolol..
___________________________________________________________________________________________
Walk with THA swagger!

Since it is within the topic, I will give the clarification you ask for Sprog.

First of all, I will explain you what MILKING is that you obviously cannot fully understand it. I do not blame you, many always come with such questions.
Rule wrote:6. You must not MILK
Every account must be played to its own full benefit. Anything contradicting this is considered MILKING. Any accounts involved in a milking case will be banned permanently game wide (all accounts in all universes).
A simple example of milking, derivatives from the rule title. Think of an account that acts like a COW. This account exists only to provide resources to another player(s). So there are people MILKING this COW account.

The fleet crashing into retirement, falls into the MILKING rule. This is why it is not mentioned in-game but only in forums. Because it is NOT ALLOWED. However, all the experienced players know that there is a way to crash your fleet into retirement and all you have to do is to follow the rules mentioned in the forums.

Why do we allow something that is considered as a violation in first place? Because we do not want a THICK RULEBOOK DICTATING THE FUN OF PLAYERS.

THICK RULEBOOKS are created by controversial players who try to taint the rules to their own needs. This is why administration exists, to look past any attempted taints and ensure fair play.

I think you have some very valid points Sprog... but as with all players we can make up names and Hatter. I can read between your names of Harvey and Elwood.. and know exactly who you mean.. You will never get proof on something that is not real... The two players are not linked in anyway other than in game enemies.. and the hits are exactly as they are posted take it or leave it..

As for the rule I do feel a better definition is required and as such I ask any player who has information to pass it to admin through proper channels via an e-mail with as much detail as you have.. I am sure they will look into this.

But to break it down.. Yes before the rule change a number of players have crashed their fleet or I have crashed for them... But these players did exactly what the word retirement says.. They quit the playing the game. not just the account. They did not return under a new identity or for that matter at all..

If you retire in real life and take your pension... You are allowed to do so with little or no tax... However if you continue to work then your entire pension is classed as income, as if you still worked and thus taxed as such... Because you have in fact not retired.

Thesaurus
Translations
Word Browser

re·tire·ment (r-trmnt)
n.
1. The act of retiring.
2. The state of being retired.
3. Withdrawal from one's occupation, business, or office.
4. Withdrawal into privacy or seclusion.

I had started this post before zorgs reply.. so thank you and sorry is any points cross over..

A simple solution would be any player wishing to leave /retire his account and start in a new one is NOT allowed the option of a fleet crash or resources transfer, to do so would be a ban for any parties involved.. Of course if the player real does wish to retire from the game (or at least that server) without the option to return for say 12 months minimum then a fleet crash should be allowed as it is now... Thus removing the possibility of making feeder accounts..

Only one slight risk is if a player accepts a retirement hit not knowing the other player lied (a set up) and starts a new account. Then rather than ban both.. innocent player is made to return all proceeds

We resolve all these conflicts on per case basis, this is why we require the email to administration; it acts like a priority index for the manual inspection that follows some days/weeks afterwards. The root of the resolution for each case, is the true intentions of each player which can be easily found every time. After all, as you see, it is nearly impossible to do this under the veil of darkness. So I think current rule works well.