Re: Greek the Meek

I see Greek has returned from vmode....assume he has enough pennies saved from Xmas to buy yet more fleet (bless him)....Yet still no word from Zorg as to why a player with 6,129142 fleet points (and rising as we speak) is allowed to still abuse noob protection rule and crash new players....player base in Extreme is small enough as it is without players like Greek crashing newcomers....Thought the idea was to encourage new players to stay.....

....and true to form Greek hides back under 200k total points....guess he has another noob to crash :wall:

Bro it seems if there is a loop hole in any rules of a game or in fact RL, there is always someone out there who finds a way to abuse it..and prey on the weak...this will continue unless the powers that be correct this abuse, issue.. Sadly as always it is only the weak that really suffer.. Unless more and more of the player base state their objection...but as you say the player base is slowing down becoming thinner and thinner...

Of course the simplest solution is to put a time frame on how long you can stay in protection, not two years like Greek that's for sure...that would be like sending a 20 year old to primary school...

Maybe Zorgs new additional checks etc pushed Greek into vmode ;) ....or Greek ran out of cash lol ....well he did have to build more fleet to get new total of 6,903,950....notice increase since last weeks post....hardly a noob account...hardly needs protecting....last time I saw anyything like this was in Valhalla.....think it was Whoisit (Dennis) who rubied up fleet ;)

7,191,179 fleet points for Greek now lol....Zorg must make you a Gold Ruby member now surely......I don't know of anyone else who buys quite so many rubies (to convert to res then fleet) with main intention of bashing noobs under 100-200k to a pulp? Yet another week passes with someone abusing the protection rule and making new players want to quit......well played Greek and there's me thinking we were trying to stop players quitting (whilst you run back into vmode.....no doubt saving for next batch of rubies/fleet)

How long will this be allowed to continue when quite a few have asked for this abuse to stop?

I am new here and would like to congratulate the dev team for the nice work they have done.

Now to the topic, I play --- based games for many years, over a decade, does not matter what Universe or platform always the same discussion about the Rules, well I believe we all need to know them and accept, if not stop playing.
I believe the “Noobs” objection is valid as without a bigger number of players, few inactive and with the danger of being hit by a player with 7 mil fleet that is using the game rules to protect himself seems unfair, well let me make some calculations:

Player with less than 200 k points when fleet on air ( 7 M points ) hits player with 100 K to 199 K points that’s a ratio 1:70 to 1:35.

Players with total points over 14 Mil hits player with 201 K points seems to me we have the same ratio, don’t we ?

In my opinion and I do not want to debate is that ratio 1:5 protection is more appropriate.

Concerning our friend, all we know that good players or not are always crashed at some point if something goes wrong, well maybe the big guys need to stay away from fights for a while and wait it happens, we the small guys as always need to be careful and hope no bad luck, mistakes are for Noobs….

Fly Safe and Have Fun !

Angel wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:44 pm
I am new here and would like to congratulate the dev team for the nice work they have done.

Now to the topic, I play --- based games for many years, over a decade, does not matter what Universe or platform always the same discussion about the Rules, well I believe we all need to know them and accept, if not stop playing.
I believe the “Noobs” objection is valid as without a bigger number of players, few inactive and with the danger of being hit by a player with 7 mil fleet that is using the game rules to protect himself seems unfair, well let me make some calculations:

Player with less than 200 k points when fleet on air ( 7 M points ) hits player with 100 K to 199 K points that’s a ratio 1:70 to 1:35.

Players with total points over 14 Mil hits player with 201 K points seems to me we have the same ratio, don’t we ?

In my opinion and I do not want to debate is that ratio 1:5 protection is more appropriate.

Concerning our friend, all we know that good players or not are always crashed at some point if something goes wrong, well maybe the big guys need to stay away from fights for a while and wait it happens, we the small guys as always need to be careful and hope no bad luck, mistakes are for Noobs….

Fly Safe and Have Fun !
A nice little post but I fear you are missing the point. "New Player Protection". To me, this sort of says it all. It's a rule that exists to protect..... NEW PLAYERS!!

Greek, he has exploited this and congratulations to him on using this tactic. But, your mathematics on ratios is irrelevant. Those bigger players have gotten to their level by playing the game. Along the way many have taken hits, rebuilt and carried on. The players that they themselves hit have had time to learn the game. Ratios are therefore not the point of this argument. Experienced players do not hide below a certain score then bash "Real" new players out of the game.

mightyoz:
"New Player Protection". To me, this sort of says it all. It's a rule that exists to protect..... NEW PLAYERS!!
Checking the 40 top players in ranks (120k points and over) you will noticed that around 20 are inactive, some of them maybe did not like the game but the majority could be discouraged in trying to grow as after the 200 K everyone can attack them, even players that are playing the game for many years and had built huge fleet.

I personally am playing since end of December and I can tell you that just after I passed over the 200 k I was probed many times by Gozar (170 M fleet only), Sprog ( 34 M fleet only) and two or three more players which points over 5 M, as soon as I showed 40-50 K fleet on the board, so by new we must think about players that are growing so let them breath, about Greek ...you are quite experienced players so find a way to get all or part of his fleet by setting some traps..

The above are the reason I suggested the 1:5 ratio, that I believe something like that were the rules when you the old players started.

You quoted a line that I had previously written but it seems to me that once again, you're missing the point, lol.

This is from the FAQ.

"*Is there any kind of protection for new players ?
-Yes. The protection intends to protect new players till they learn the very basics. However you really need to learn how to fleet save as fast as possible."

So, to point it out, once again, this line, "Yes. The protection intends to protect new players till they learn the very basics."

It's for NEW PLAYERS. Not experienced players who are using this "loophole" as a tactic. Yes, you passed the level of 200k points for your server. So, that's the way it goes. Whether it be a player like Gozar with his 170 million point fleet or one of your peers with 201k points in total. That's the way it is, the very best way to alleviate this problem is, of course, once again as has been said many times, include the fleet points in the overall score that an individual has, whether their fleet be in the air, in space, on the ground or parked up at the local supermarket when you're off doing your weekly grocery shopping.
Last edited by Ozymandias on Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spot on......it's for NEW PLAYERS....as in noob players......Wakey wakey Zorg......stop the abuse just because of rubies!!!!! You lose far more in the long run with more players leaving than one player vmoding every other week buying a few!!!! Think about it.....