Strategic take down of former ally. Explanation to rectify concerns for "Milking"

In Reloaded, I am leader of the top alliance, Legion. We have many skilled players and have set in place rules within the alliance. Most of which are in place to weed out players that do not live up to Legion's expectations for player performance. In turn, the score of the alliance and keeping the more skillful players within our ranks.

Over the past few months the activity, in comparison to the beginning of Reloaded, has dropped down and some Incredible players have gone into Vmode.
Luckily some very promising players have joined and we are seeing an uptick in activity. I am glad to say its alliances other than Legion that I am seeing this increase of progress.

The dominance that Legion holds over the server and the low competition base against Legion, I am afraid has caused some of our members to become less interested in the game as there is less hostile actions against them. Being one of the most crucial parts of the game, I understand how this can dull down interest and increase carelessness.

That being said, Legion has this rule:

"Members, depending on skill, current ranking, relationship or recommendation will experience a monitoring stage conducted by the leadership where they are scrutinized for their commitment and ability to safeguard their assets. This process will only last as long as it is felt it is needed and will include recycling of our own members fleets (mercy crash).
This process can and will be applied to all members and will only done in order to maintain the resources that otherwise may have been apprehended by the competition. After several incidents pertaining to his procedure, a vote will be taken to determine the members continued occupancy here in Legion."

Now, A former ally, was seen leaving fleet down multiple times. A fleet large enough that most other players couldn't make any moves without coordinating an ACS attack which would require (given current fleet scores) at least 3 other players. To avoid having this former ally's fleet apprehended by our competition, i would ACS defend his fleet with a few thousand rips followed by messages that stated I would not keep protecting him and would eventually attack him myself. This was done many, many times.

After several warnings to fleet save or use vacation mode, he was spotted being lazy, once again.
I scanned the ranking to see who could potentially have enough fleet to attack him. To my surprise, a few aggressive players outside of our alliance had boosted fleet to a number that could take him out. So, i took matters into my own hands.

Overdose VS Jaydo -TD- 2.844.534.000

The attacker has won the battle !
You receive 1.103.924 units of Metal, 44.074.463 units of Crystal and 40.739.906 units of Deuterium.
The attacker has lost a total of 0 units.
The defender has lost a total of 2.844.534.000 units.
A debris field containing 889.567.800 units of Metal and 817.152.600 units of Crystal has formed in orbit around the planet.
GLOTR

Some may frown upon this, so be it. The carelessness was not to be tolerated any longer.

The Administration has already been informed. They want everyone to know that they are aware of the issue and are working to define a procedure for this and future similar cases.

Re: Strategic take down of former ally. Explanation to rectify concerns for "Milking"

I want to post our stance on this issue, clearly.

We have received more than one reports for this case. We investigated it, carefully. We ended up that it was a legitimate hit. We contacted Overdose to get his side of the story. The story and our investigation have no conflicts. For our investigation, what he says, is true.

Now, we do not expect you to accept this as a true story, just because we tell you it is, even if it is.

We do expect you though to show some respect to our investigation. You spotted something that seemed like a violation of the rules. You reported it. We investigated it. Our verdict was that this case is clean. We took it one step further and asked from Overdose to publish his side of the story. We published our decision. I can't remember a similar case.

We can't do anything more in this case. We are certain of the verdict. You need to be certain that we do not know Overdose and we do not care what position he has. In fact, whenever it comes to Universe leaders, we are always against them as we do prefer small differences between players. So if a universe leader violated a rule, the chances of penalties would be at one hand the same, as we treat everyone the same, however, we would be more content to issue a harsh penalty. The bigger you are in the universe, the bigger the penalties will be.

This is not such a case. Any side can feel free to post what you believe in this case. There will be no forum warnings as long as you keep insults out of your posts.

Our interest is to have an open and sincere discussion as we are currently in a phase where our objective is to restructure the community. For this to happen, we need to restore the player base trust towards administration. A trust which, we feel, has been unbalanced by untrue rumors. We will not let anything slide this time. That's the sole reason for publishing an administration decision.

Re: Strategic take down of former ally. Explanation to rectify concerns for "Milking"

Personally, I cannot see a problem with this in the first place. For others to accuse someone for milking it seems to me that it is just sour grapes. In our own alliance, here in Standard, we have the same sort of disclaimer in place. Those who cannot do the simplest of things and keep their fleets and resources safe will lose them. Why should the alliance, in this instance "Legion" carry players and then in turn carry that score against them? The ultimate sanction for these lazy players is for them to lose everything. They would have done anyway. Well played Overdose!

Well, there is always the counterargument that this can be staged. And it is a reasonable one.

This is why administration exists. To ensure that this is not a staged case. We have tools that can help us discern truth from lie. This may not be obvious in every case though. At this case, it is obvious. If it wasn't we would admit it. The combination of close cooperation between players and administration is what can produce the best anti-cheat results.

We are here to cooperate. I do not think that there is more than this that an administration can do.