Re: Gozar[AZGD] vs Enchanter[Moc] ~TD~ 2.751.937.500

As a player in any server I am entitled to read and comment on any forum. But as a player, when I see a topic being discussed it's great. But when it goes off on tangents, ends up as a slanging match between two players and has nothing to do with the topic in question, then I will say something.

If there needs to be another topic opened, so be it. Take another discussion elsewhere. If you have a beef with one another, again, new topic. Until then, keep this topic to what it is. Gozar Vs Enchanter.

Apparently mightyoz, you have not read what the description is for the Union of Honor. But, I will post it for you and everyone here and now:

Union of Honor
A place for PvP and AvA discussions. New players can also introduce themselves to the community and alliances here. Includes the Alliance Wars, Alliance Recruitment and Combat Reports sub-forums for the universe. The only area of the forum where some (mild) flaming is acceptable.

To expect that all that is written on a combat report is "nice hit, GLotR...etc" is ridiculous. The last line explains it all, if Slash was still here, he would be going ballistic at what has happened to the forums. If you look at some of the older CRs, you would see that banter amongst players was acceptable back then. To ask us, the players, to start a new topic on whenever we want to says something to a poster is unrealistic. If you don't want to flamed on a CR, the answer is quite simple...don't post it. Otherwise, I for one, expect to be flamed on a post, even if it has nothing to do with the original post.

― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Yes, I have read that MegaMedes, although it is very interesting, again, what has this in particular to do with :-

Gozar[AZGD] vs Enchanter[Moc] ~TD~ 2.751.937.500

Discussion about the battle and combat report in question is one thing. Not once did I say about flaming.

When the discussion strays off topic, then it will be pointed out. Otherwise three or four posts later the thread of the topic is so far off and ends up being nothing to do with the original post.

This is when players start throwing insults, accusing each other of this, that and the other. Although sometimes that is very entertaining to read, it has nothing to do with the original post! So, this will be pointed out.

MegaMedes does have a point. The "Important Rules" topic does not list "staying on-topic" as a requirement for posts within a certain topic.
While Rule Number II ("Trolling") prohibits the posting of off-topic, extraneous, or otherwise harmful messages in a deliberate intent to disrupt normal discussion or to provoke an emotional response, the messages here are more of a natural development rather than a deliberate move to throw the topic off the rails or to anger anybody. After all, Gozar himself referenced the issue at hand in the original post.
After a re-reading, one would note that Gozar did say that his reference to the issue was off-topic. However, this still does not violate any rules. Gozar did not seem to want to provoke an emotional response from the person(s) he was referencing (although they responded anyways), he did not want to wreck the discussion of his own Combat Report, and being off-topic is not an illegal action in a Combat Report thread. Thus, the responses afterwards cannot be counted as anything other than mild "flaming" (as the responders in question were attempting to defend themselves), which is allowed in a Combat Report thread.
Member of Allied Habitable Space

Feel free to go as off topic as you like in Union of Honor. Just drop the discussion on how moderation should be done. For poor moderation actions, message the moderator in question privately. If he continues to moderate poorly, message me WITH the logs. If you have a problem with the specific mod in an advanced stage (personal frictions), message me directly with specific posts at hand.