Pulsar v Sprog - Retirement - TD: 44.385.216.000

Well, I know this will come as a shock to many of you, and it’s probably an understatement to say that some of you will be disappointed in me for this, but that’s just the way it goes. My true friends will understand and forgive me.

No doubt it will strike many as odd that I chose to give my fleet to my biggest opponent’s closest ally. It strikes me as odd too, but it is not a decision I made lightly. Sprog and I were indeed adversaries for over a year, and yes, I know how annoying he can be to play against (don’t deny it, Karl, you know it’s true lol). However, I also discovered that he is also one of the best allies anyone could hope for and is an incredibly skilled fleeter who gets far less credit than he deserves. And, just as importantly, he always gave me the credit and respect I deserved at the end of the day. We had (and have) our differences, but he allowed me the chance to prove myself and earn his respect. He was open enough to change his mind about me. I’ve always thought the very best players are a bit of a pain to play against and a pleasure to play with. If you ask me, Karl met and exceeded those criteria. The whole story of how I eventually decided to retire my fleet to him is too long and tedious to tell here, but suffice it to say we played together in Generals, and a series of not wholly unhappy accidents lead us to become friends despite ourselves.

There comes a point when everyone grows tired of running… I started far too late; I was never going to be safe on this server, no matter how well I did. I saw myself as ultimately having three options:
1. Continue to build up and inevitably crash (almost certainly to Gozar) at some point when RL finally caught up to me.
2. Go perma-blue or sell the account to someone who would probably just lose the fleet.
3. Retire my fleet to a friend and go out on my own terms.

It’s obvious which option I chose, and to those of you who know me, I think it will also be obvious why. I prefer to hold my fate in my own hands.

I would say I have no regrets about my decision, but that would be a lie. It does smart to be retiring to the leader of AZGD and the closest ally of a player who I was never able to see eye to eye with, and who I still feel has treated me unfairly. But things happen in curious ways; whatever I did I was going to have mixed feelings. At the end of the day I decided friendship and mutual respect were good enough reasons for me to retire to Karl in spite of his affiliation with Gozar.

I owe both special thanks and a special apology to FleetHound and Thunderheart, my two remaining ever-loyal, ever-persistent, ever-supportive allies; if there is anyone I must apologize to for this, it is the two of you. There’s no way around it, in the end I gave my fleet to the enemy. It’s just a game, but I do feel I have let the two of you down. And for that, I am sorry.

I plan to return to my little accounts in Speed and Massacre shortly, and I’ll definitely be there when the new server is finally out, but I’m glad to be putting X behind me. It was (mostly) fun while it lasted; thanks to all of the wonderful friends who helped make it that way, though many of you are long gone. There are too many of you to name, and if I tried I would be doing a disservice to those I left out.

So, without further ado, here are the numbers:

The defender has won the battle !
The attacker has lost a total of 37.588.701.950 units.
The defender has lost a total of 6.796.514.050 units.
A debris field containing 13.903.758.600 units of Metal and 12.727.371.000 units of Crystal has formed in orbit around the planet.
The probability of creating a moon is : 19 %

I asked Karl to drop his tag for the hit, as a symbolic gesture. I know it’s a bit silly, but, hey, at least I can say that it wasn’t Azguard that got me in the end. ;)

Re: Pulsar v Sprog - Retirement - TD: 44.385.216.000

Good luck in real life.

This is the moment for me to say how repulsive these rules are.
Zorg should consider how much this *****.

A man or woman should be able to do with his/her account how he/she sees fit.
One person gets all the spoils, and the rest of zorg gets to see a banned account and is not even able to farm it.

The strong get stronger, the rest is not even left a bone.
I for one will never give my fleet away, and when the time comes the crows may eat my dead viking horns.

Not passing judgement on this action.
If you want to be eaten by your enemy it says something too :wall:

Huge numbers prove what a great fleet you had......nasty to crash ....in the end I resorted to just lunars and fodder probes....You are right that people will be shocked you chose me to do the dirty deed but tbh I'm not sure who else could have unless it was in lots of parts and denying you from 3rd place in top attacks which your fleet merited. Sometimes we need to get to know people before we can judge...and that's what I did. When you get the new server that Zorg keeps promising you will be able to prove once and for all how well you play the game....your rise in X was not all luck. Good adversary but a better team mate....Enjoy the stress free game play outside of Extreme....

There will be plenty of haters due to this crash but as Pulsar rightly said ..."it's just a game"....

While I'm sad to see you go, I do understand the sentiment.

In short , X looses another great fleeter.
No matter who liked or hated you in the server, for sure you brought livelyhood to the game.
(you and your sister both did! and I enjoyed every single moment of it, win or loose)

I agree with the idea of choosing your own way out on your own terms, if you carsh, it's your choice when, who, where, how...
Don't get me wrong, it's not about me not caring, it's about the freedom of choosing your own terms. You may be best buddies with someone IRL, while your total adversaries ingame and enjoy every antagonizing encounter of it there and laugh about at the bar , enjoying a good beer!

we'll have a drink and remember the good ol' days and fun moments sometime in the future!
it's all a game
a game is supposed to entertain
you provided tons of entertainment
sign me up for another season soon please ;-)