Guidance for posting Combat Reports

As the game is progressing and we are seeing a lot of Combat Reports popping up in the Union of Honor with increasing frequency, I have decided to include this piece of guidance for your posts.

First of all, for the benefit if those who do not take the time to read the forum rules. Here is what you MUST adhere too:

-DO NOT include any coordinates in your reports.
-DO NOT include any form of WSA (Weapons, Shields, Armor) Technology levels in your reports.

My advice is, and it would be a good idea to stick to it, that you should post your reports in the following format:

The attacker/defender has won the battle !
The attacker has lost a total of XXX units.
The defender has lost a total of XXX units.
A debris field containing XXX units of Metal and XXX units of Crystal has formed in orbit around the planet.
The probability of creating a moon is : X %
A moon has formed around the planet XXXXX! [x:xxx:xx]

The last two lines, in italics, are optional as they depend on the power or luck of your combat. You don't have to write this out, you can find this paragraph at the bottom of you Combat Report and copy+paste it into your topic. Be sure to stick to the rules though and edit out any private information.

You should also put the names and alliance tags of the combatants and the total damage caused in the title of your topic. You can find the total damage of your attack by adding the losses in units of both you and your opponent. It is reccomended to put it in the following format or something very similar:

Player 1 [Alliance tag] -vs- Player 2 [Alliance tag] TD- xxx

Player 1 should be the attacker and Player 2 should be the defender.

What i DO NOT want to see, and there have been a fair few of these popping up around the forum lately, is a report posted in this format:
Attacker XXXXX [XXXXX]
Type XXXXX
Number XXXXX
Weapon XXXXX
Shield XXXXX
Armour XXXXX

Defender XXXXX [XXXXX]
Type XXXXX
Number XXXXX
Weapon XXXXX
Shield XXXXX
Armour XXXXX

The attacking fleet fires for XXXXX on the defender. The defender shields absord XXXXX points of damage.
The defensive fleet fires back for XXXXX against the attacker. The attacker shields absorb XXXXX points of damage.
This is much too big and complicated. Posting is this format will only make it more difficult for the rest of the community to read and will probably get your report neglected instead of congratulated. In my opinion reports like this should be prohibited completely, as reading them, it is possible to acquire the battle tech levels and fleet composition of the players posted, which when posted directly is against the rules. I would advise you strongly to keep to my guidance notes when posting up your reports.

Thank you for reading and good luck in game! :)

-Istalris-
When people ask me plz because it's shorter than please, i feel inclined to respond no because it's shorter than yes...