Re: RELOADED Release Notes

Missed my point(s) entirely but ok...entitled to your opinion and yes Zorg did say Voyagers would play a big part.......and most know about Expos...hardly a secret....but no risk factor at all? Thought Expos were about "sometimes" finding res....but everytime? as for rubies....still no answer there.....maybe Zorg should have been more transparent about this during their New Year offer when there was an offer.... some were clued up enough to bulk buy....I didn't unfortunately but then I never thought they would have such a huge part to play at the start....

Hey, I am also finding a glitch with expeditions. I accidentally sent the wrong number of ships and immediately recalled, but even though it had only been a couple of seconds since I sent, the fleet is taking >5 minutes to return.

Also, not a glitch but a suggestion, I prefer the chat in the other servers. It's good that it auto-updates now, but the box is very small and you can only see 4 messages, and it's hard to view the chat history from a phone.

Otherwise all good, enjoying it :)

How come you still have an issue with Empire View when it opens on a popup window? I do not get it.
This issue with recall is weird, we are currently looking at it. Certainly, this is how it works at all universes so if it exists, it should be present to other universes as well.

Regarding the rubies on start, we used Generals Options, I already said this. In fact, the options play less role than in Generals. This whole no-plus options in start is a derivative of our own policy not to allow Imperial Support early on in a universe. There is no Imperial Support in this universe though. Imperial Bonds work in a whole different way - if you have not realized it yet. Plus options play a role, but they obviously only a part of the game. No one has ever grabbed the top here with Rubies. Never. Trust me when I say it; this universe has the least dependency on $$$ than any other. So, if the rest are ok, this is more than ok and it will be proven.

Expeditions have been used in Generals in the same nature. It is a tested feature. In fact, they were used by the Defense General only. I remember for sure that there was no Defense General in the top 10 at the end of the tournament. So they do not play such a crucial role as you might think. Still, I believe that they have multiple uses for everyone. Some other players have already analyzed some of them.

Thank for the review of the alliance chat Impachik. We can add options for this, for people who want it bigger. Default one had to be minimal.

...."There is no Imperial Support in this universe though. Imperial Bonds work in a whole different way - if you have not realized it yet."

Please explain clearly EXACTLY what the differences between Imperial support and Imperial bonds are please...including the amount of resources (on a scale per 15 rubies for support and bonds) ...as in does it require higher mines for more res or just amount of times each transaction occurs........nice and simple for us simple folk ....

Zorg wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:07 pm
How come you still have an issue with Empire View when it opens on a popup window? I do not get it.
The new nesting pop up windows cause a lot of issues and are inconvenient for a variety of reasons, in my opinion. In empire view, the nested pop up window makes it so I can't scroll using the arrow keys like I used to and I see less at once (if I try to scroll with arrow keys, the empire view closes). Additionally, you can no longer open notes in their own tab. Previously I would keep a notes window open constantly for ease of reference and updating. Now that's not possible. Likewise, you can't open player profiles or chat history in an entirely separate window, and if I probe a few planets, sometimes when I go to check reports, I get the pop up with a single report instead of being able to reference all of my reports. Then, if I click on the link to a player's coordinates in the nested report, I am taken to a nested version of galaxy view instead of the window closing and being taken to a main version of galaxy view... very annoying. Try it; this should be easy to replicate.

I know the nested pop up windows were originally introduced in Massacre for things like player profiles and chat history... I found them somewhat limiting there, and even more so here. Otherwise, I like the interface, but this particular aspect is not quite ideal.

Sprog wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:45 pm
...."There is no Imperial Support in this universe though. Imperial Bonds work in a whole different way - if you have not realized it yet."

Please explain clearly EXACTLY what the differences between Imperial support and Imperial bonds are please...including the amount of resources (on a scale per 15 rubies for support and bonds) ...as in does it require higher mines for more res or just amount of times each transaction occurs........nice and simple for us simple folk ....
There are many variables that play a role and not all variables are dependent on what you do. Mines do play a role. Universe age plays a role. Other players play a role. Not only these though.

Pulsar wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:55 am
Zorg wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:07 pm
The new nesting pop up windows cause a lot of issues and are inconvenient for a variety of reasons, in my opinion. In empire view, the nested pop up window makes it so I can't scroll using the arrow keys like I used to and I see less at once (if I try to scroll with arrow keys, the empire view closes). Additionally, you can no longer open notes in their own tab. Previously I would keep a notes window open constantly for ease of reference and updating. Now that's not possible. Likewise, you can't open player profiles or chat history in an entirely separate window, and if I probe a few planets, sometimes when I go to check reports, I get the pop up with a single report instead of being able to reference all of my reports. Then, if I click on the link to a player's coordinates in the nested report, I am taken to a nested version of galaxy view instead of the window closing and being taken to a main version of galaxy view... very annoying. Try it; this should be easy to replicate.

I know the nested pop up windows were originally introduced in Massacre for things like player profiles and chat history... I found them somewhat limiting there, and even more so here. Otherwise, I like the interface, but this particular aspect is not quite ideal.
Let's take the path of improvement and not the path of reverting back to the old interface. The old interface is too messy and inconvenient - too bulky, we will not revert back. The new interface can be tailored to our needs. So, we just need to define the needs, down to the last detail.

We updated the Coordinates link to work as intended.
The up/down arrows will work only if you first click in the window. Your mouse does not have a wheel?
We added a link to Notes title - when clicked they will open in a new tab
For profiles/chat history to open in a new tab, either use middle button click at your mouse or right click, open link in new tab.

Anything else, let us know.