Re: RELOADED Release Notes

There have been no last minute updates eventually.

The only open point is regarding military bases and whether they will be implemented later in the game. Most probably they will not.

Also, in the first month, there might be corrective updates to either costs or anything else as we will review the feedback we receive from you and then proceed to any needed tweaks.

The universe will launch AUTOMATICALLY.
However, we will be all be online when the universe starts in order to help in case any problems arise.

We also simplified criteria for Imperial Bonds and eventually chose to keep them confidential.

Lots of interesting features that should make it at least worth a try for experienced/returning players. I like the changes to moon chances, while the cheaper but smaller ruby moons is an interesting move.

Would have liked to see military bases, though. That idea got good feedback, so please consider it for a future release (perhaps in combination with a new tech, similar to colonisation tech).

The other ideas I'll have to see. I do think that the defence regen sounds a bit too much and will encourage everyone to become turtles, but I guess we will see! Big +1 to the changes to expeditions, that is much a much needed upgrade to what is currently a fairly pointless feature, and will help especially in the early days with no inactives to raid.

Well done guys for your work on this, looking forward to it :)

Regarding Military bases, we are not in a hurry. With Colonization tech, having 18 + 1 planets is going to take time. So, if military bases are going to be useful, this will be later in the game. It's an interesting concept though, we like it too.

Expeditions are going to be a big hit. The high return will make many players use voyagers. I can see many people raising fleets of voyagers and this is only a good thing for everyone.

If I wanted to give a general picture of the new universe, I would say that it comes with more strategic options than before. There is no brainless advance here while long term planning is more rewarding than ever before.

For the first time, we give room for growth even to casual players.

At the end, we got a fresh universe with fresh and interesting ideas. It is not the complete makeover we discussed at first and it is better this way. A complete makeover would be too risky and Zorg Empire right now needs to take only small risks.

We hope that this universe will open the way for Zorg Empire restoration to its former glory. The game really deserves it and you all know it.

Shame that due to time zones some will have a distinct advantage when server first opens......they will get all day and into the night to progress.....whereas some people will only have a few hours before they have to call it a night......and as we have seen on every tourny previously the advantage in getting built up early is huge......the times for new server/tournies has always been this way for some reason....why?

Sprog wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:18 pm
Shame that due to time zones some will have a distinct advantage when server first opens......they will get all day and into the night to progress.....whereas some people will only have a few hours before they have to call it a night......and as we have seen on every tourny previously the advantage in getting built up early is huge......the times for new server/tournies has always been this way for some reason....why?
What one can say when he joins 8 years later? Like in X-TREME? Be realistic.

However, you should know that we take such things in consideration during design. The game is designed to balance join time. Out of the four, MASSACRE has the best balance in comparison to time joined. Reloaded will be even better. It's a matter of design.

If I was a newbie, I would join 1 day later. The first few days will be a nightmare for all, anyway. Remember, no bashing rule and the stats will update 4 times per hour. Although points are going to help as it has a different value: 2500 resources for 1 point (instead of traditional 5k).

We chose the time where the game has the peak of its activity. This is traditionally, at about 20:00 GMT.

So it's 2500 resources for one point instead of 5000 then?

Are you guys planning on making a few "filler" planets for people to attack first or are people just gonna have to wait until enough resources load to build their first attacking ships?

Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.
Sun Tzu

Sprog wrote:
For the record this one is coming out 5h earlier than most of the other releases have so...and zorton won the last one...and joined 2 days late.

Doomrager wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:58 pm
Sprog wrote:
For the record this one is coming out 5h earlier than most of the other releases have so...and zorton won the last one...and joined 2 days late.
5 hours earlier makes little difference .......you are missing my point.....as for Zorton winning, well fair play to him,.....wish I had as much free time to waste on these games as a lot of players seem to have...and I don't mean anyone in particular....just stating a fact....the more time you spend in game then the more success you should have....