Re: RELOADED Release Notes

I would to see an option on the alliance chat, more specifically, the ability to move it from one location to another as well as hide it completely or make it larger.

― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

In response to wording of the colonization tech...
Currently it is...
Colonization Technology allows your Empire to expand by colonizing new planets. Scientists work on the labs in order to discover new ways of colonization that will make even the most hostile enviroment a possible place for your next base. Alongside with this, they develop new tools and investigate new possible places. Every new technological level allows you to inhabit a new planet.

Suggested revision...
Colonization Technology allows your Empire to expand by colonizing new planets by first studying your home world and expanding communication efforts to possible future colonies. Scientists work on the labs in order to discover new ways of colonization that will make survival on even the most hostile environments a possibility. As the research continues, they develop new tools and investigate new possible methods. Every new technological level beyond level 1 allows you to establish a new colony.

This revision deviates from the original in lore as well though, as it implies that now only is the environment the issue but being able to manage a bigger empire as the key issue.

Voyager revision currently it states...
Voyager is the special Unit of Defense (Turtle) General. It is a specialized expedition ship with large cargo. Voyager is the solution to Defense Generals who are in need of resources to expand their shells. This marvellous vessel has everything it needs for safe travels at the outer space. It features powerful anti-magnetic shields and powerful engines which help it to avoid any black holes while its high-tech radars help it locate inhabited friendly planets.

Suggested revision...
Voyager is a specialized expedition ship with large cargo. The voyager is the safe solution to exploring the vast unknown of outer space safely. This marvelous vessel has everything it needs for safe travels in outer space. It features powerful anti-magnetic shields and powerful engines which help it to avoid any black holes while its high-tech radars help it locate inhabited friendly planets.

Advanced recycling currently...
Your scientists have managed to discover new ways to scrap materials. Using gigantic hi-tech processing units, they are now able to utilize every material wasted, particurlarly combat material.

Every level increases Defense Regeneration by 1%!
At level 10, your defenses will regenerate at 100%

This implies that it's a building that is the result of the new methods, which does not make much sense for a research to attritbute to...
suggested revision...

Your scientists have managed to discover more economically reliable methods of establishing defensive perimeters. The new methods and construction designs cause there to be less waste in the reconstruction of defense with broken combat materials.

Every level increases Defense Regeneration by 1%!
At level 10, your defenses will regenerate at 100%

Storage den currently...

The Storage Den is the Special Building of Mine General. It is destined to provide protection to planet resources. The resources protected by the Storage Den are completely invisible to intruders, even to probes.

Example:Level 1 storage Den has 20k of storage, which means that a total of 20k per resource can be protected(a total of 60k). So if you have 30k metal, 40k crystal and 15k deuterium, the intruders will see: 10k metal, 20k crystal and 0k deuterium. Therefore they will grab 5k metal and 10k crystal.

Revision...
The Storage Den is a specialized building designed to protect resources without combat. The Storage Den hides the resources beneath the surface of the planet causing them to be completely invisible to intruders, even to probes. Upgrading allows for the Storage Den to be expanded further beneath the surface of the planet to house more resources.

Example:Level 1 storage Den has 20k of storage, which means that a total of 20k per resource can be protected(a total of 60k). So if you have 30k metal, 40k crystal and 15k deuterium, the intruders will see: 10k metal, 20k crystal and 0k deuterium. Therefore they will grab 5k metal and 10k crystal.

side notes: elite recycler description mentions it being weak to plasma based weaponry but only gets rapid fired on by laser wielding vessels.
Deut synthesizer claims it costs deut to view galaxies.
All the defenses state by default up to a 70% chance. This needs to say default 90% up to 100%.

I have done over 250 Expeditions.
I have never found any Ruby .
The possibility of finding Rubies in Expeditions seems a bit glitched.
Has anyone in RELOADED found Rubies in Expeditions?
If not, can you please explain how it works and if we will ever find anything else except res in the Exp missions?
___________________________________________________________________________________________
Walk with THA swagger!

MrSinister wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:32 pm
I have done over 250 Expeditions.
I have never found any Ruby .
The possibility of finding Rubies in Expeditions seems a bit glitched.
Has anyone in RELOADED found Rubies in Expeditions?
If not, can you please explain how it works and if we will ever find anything else except res in the Exp missions?
My apologies for not mentioning this earlier; we are still gathering statistics before activating the script for rubies. None has found rubies yet. It is intended. We will reveal the plan in mind though as we would like to hear some feedback on it:

This is the plan as it has been revised after usage stats:
-Our idea is to have a fixed amount of rubies, available per month to each player.
-The amount we currently have in mind is 25 rubies.
-Using an algorithm that I cannot reveal, we will award this credits amount, ON TOP of ANY earnings the WINNING trip gets.
-So, it will be a real bingo, as it will not consume an otherwise successful expedition.
-The algorithm will allow most to claim it. It will also be luck dependent but not very hard to achieve. Most players trying a reasonable amount of expeditions within a month, will actually earn it.

Some thoughts on the plan:
-We cannot really put an unlimited way to earn rubies from expeditions.
-We still need the income from ruby sales so Expedition rubies should be mostly of worth to those that cannot really afford to buy any.
-25 rubies should be enough for monthly needs of a casual player.
-We don't really want ruby farmers who can just have accounts in RELOADED only to transfer to other universes. While this can still happen, the limited nature of credits will ensure that it is within the boundaries of normal use.

Generally, it is a very sensitive issue and as always we are very carefully examining each of our steps.

-==-==-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-

Well, you could make a different kind of Rubies for Expeditions.
It should have the same characteristic as a normal Ruby but it won't be possible to move between servers.
Like resources;we can't move them between servers.
What say you?
___________________________________________________________________________________________
Walk with THA swagger!

I like the sound of that plan for rubies. 25 seems a reasonable limit.

Also I would agree with the suggestion to expand alliance chat, it's too small and especially tricky via a phone compared to the old servers.

I agree with Pulsar's point about pop ups - I'd rather the empire view was not a pop-up window (again I find it pretty much impossible to see the whole thing via a phone).

Nice rewording suggestions from Doomrager - very helpful.