Re: RELOADED Release Notes

Just a though possibly adding a new mission: Bombing runs, it would be like an attack but the cargo holds are filled with deuterium bombs that increase damage to defense, it would give a new element to the game and also could be tinkered with to make more balanced as in decreased speed or only certain type of ships or increase in deuterium costs and a explosion effect when one of the ships dies it hurts the others idk just a thought.

Zorg wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:53 pm
Impachik, do you use the new menu or the old one? The compact or the standard one?
How large your phone screen is?
Can you easily scroll at the empire window?
Thanks for this, sure - I always used the traditional menu rather than the mobile one, but the empire view is fine on the mobile view so that issue is solved for me.

I still find it basically impossible to scroll chat via my phone (iphone 7) - when I click on feed history I can't see previous pages like I can via laptop, and again pop ups are part of the issue.

Ephemeral wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:20 pm
Just a though possibly adding a new mission: Bombing runs, it would be like an attack but the cargo holds are filled with deuterium bombs that increase damage to defense, it would give a new element to the game and also could be tinkered with to make more balanced as in decreased speed or only certain type of ships or increase in deuterium costs and a explosion effect when one of the ships dies it hurts the others idk just a thought.
I like the idea of making bombers play a more meaningful role in the game, cos at present there is little reason to build them. This suggestion is an interesting possibility. Perhaps to balance it, it could be a mission with no resources gathered, so it is damage to defence only (same as missiles). Or they could be stronger but slower, like RIPs.

the_real_impachik wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:00 pm
Zorg wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:53 pm
Impachik, do you use the new menu or the old one? The compact or the standard one?
How large your phone screen is?
Can you easily scroll at the empire window?
Thanks for this, sure - I always used the traditional menu rather than the mobile one, but the empire view is fine on the mobile view so that issue is solved for me.

I still find it basically impossible to scroll chat via my phone (iphone 7) - when I click on feed history I can't see previous pages like I can via laptop, and again pop ups are part of the issue.

Your phone should be good enough to play the game in normal view (not mobile one). In fact, the new menu is designed with this in mind.
We will troubleshoot the scrolling issues probably today.

After clicking on a esp. report in the news flash bubble if I click on the planets coordinates it takes me to a galaxy view that is in the new flash bubble screen. Trying to view the galaxy in the bubble view is cumbersome and near impossible. I propose that when you click on the planet coords. it takes you to the galaxy view on the main screen.

We have fixed the scrolling issue - please verify. There is a chance that x-scroll does not work. If yes, let us know and we will issue the needed update.
Please let us know of all small issues , we want to fix everything so do not hesitate.

We fixed the Fleet Recall issue.

We fixed the link at the Espionage report.

Anything else, let us know.

I decided to quit the new server... It was actually a lot of fun, so I don't want to sit and criticise, but I will offer some feedback, take it or leave it.

- The early days were the best. Lots of pvp action. Once defences started to outstrip fleets, it got less interesting. I still feel that the defence regen and the balance of defence v fleet is too strongly in favour of the turtle, but I guess it is early days to say how that will develop.

- On a similar point, it's a real pain when you grow fast, as all the targets go 'green'. Perhaps there could be a daily/weekly update of newbie protection. Sometimes a player goes green even when you are mid-attack, so you can't even do a safety scan.

- Again linked to the previous: raiding is a bit dull at the start. When you outgrow the other players, you are left with very few people that you can actually hit, most of whom are too experienced to leave much in the way of res or fleet sitting about! It also seems a bit harsh to be scanning the same players dozens of times a day. Auto-generated (non-player) planets could add some intrigue at this stage.

- Expeditions were a good option, though not helped by the fact that the result was always the same. Basic psychology of gambling - people find things more compelling if the result is unpredictable. I understand that the intention is to add rubies, and I also think a percentage chance of a really good 'win' in terms of res would be good.

- Have you considered random locations for entry (home) planets? With the current system, we end up with all the planets in one galaxy while the others are deserts. And especially, most of the strongest and more experienced players are in lower G1. It might be more interesting if they were spread around (tho maybe others disagree). And/or perhaps a chance to re-designate your home planet, so you can abandon the automatic one.

Overall I left the server because it was too easy to buy a top account. We were told that there would be no imperial support making it sound quite fair and balanced, but when you build a top 10 account for 3 weeks and then someone buys their way above you in a couple of days, it is demotivating. I've suggested before and still think that the value of an imperial bond/support should drop (perhaps by 50%) every time you use it, something that could reset after a week or a month. This still makes it very useful and a good source of income for ZE, but doesn't imbalance the game - something that was always a stated intention of ruby use. (I'm not going to pretend I didn't use some rubies myself - I did, mainly for a couple of moons and for trades, and I'm not criticising players who used it a lot - it was open to exploitation and understandably some people exploited it).
Last edited by the_real_impachik on Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

We have completed Transport History and Combat History features for RELOADED.
We will activate them in 3-5 days.

It is worth noting that we have already been logging everything. However, the data released to the players will not include anything prior to this day.

COMBAT HISTORY
-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
-Every player profile will get a combat history link (By profile, we mean the pop up window)
-This will redirect every user to the combat history of this player.
-The owner, will view all his/her combats starting from the most recent one and up to 6 months old.
Exact time will be displayed and they will be able to view the report with a single click.
-The rest, will view battles that are at least 72hours old and up to 6 months old
Time will not be displayed
They will be able to see attacker, defender, attacker loss, defender loss and total loot.

TRANSPORT HISTORY
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Similarly to combat history, there will be a transports history link at every player profile.
Owners will be able to view the exact resources transported, time, as well as player names and colonies involved.
The rest will see transports that are at least 72hours old. They will see Dispatcher name, Receiver name and a total sum of resources transported (using 3:2:1). They will be ordered by time but time will not show.

On both history views, will will use 24h steps. Which means that a report might be up to 96 hours old.
On both history views, every entry will be accompanied by a click REPORT button.

Reporting will be 2 steps and easy. Every report sent will be checked by administration for violations.

Will Transport History just show resources transported between players or will it show all transports including when you transport your own resources between planets? If it shows everything including what you transport between your own planets, wouldn't that give away which planet your keeping your fleet on?