Re: RELOADED Release Notes

mickylove wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:01 am
4500 odd and 4 days playing time
I would be interested to hear your feedback a few days later again Mickylove. Perhaps a week more later?

Try your best and express your genuine ideas. The more we get of such, the more we can improve the game.
To help you, you could try creating two lists. One with the things you liked and one with the things you didn't.

For example Doomrager above was unhappy that he cannot switch accounts. Well, while it is his right, this is definitely something that we cannot bother as our stats displayed that throughout the whole time this was possible in all 4 universes in the past, there have been only a few switches (probably less than 20) and in them, the involved players were probably less than 6. So by default, this is not a feature good enough.

Similarly, we have ceased the Refer a Friend feature but I saw some people asking for it. I might have written it again, but this is another example of little to no use. Since this feature is available since the start and in fact we have also used it in other games, it was never good enough to even worth our time making it. We are speaking of a total disaster again. The only way to get such things work is to spam players all the time in a more -demand-from-players- style. That's not our style though. Heck, we do not even use voting systems (another liability there). Why should we go for it?

Still, hearing opinions is always worthy, we do not always know the answer after all.

As I stated in February, rubies will prevail in new server and so it proved. We all thought that new server would be ruby free for at least the first month. I don't recall ANY player asking for imperial bonds/support yet we got it. Most (if not all) forum posts about bonds in new server do the opposite of support the idea yet here we are!!!! To say that rubies/bonds will have no bearing long term would be naive.To be able to build fleets in huge numbers (also techs/mines) at the very start of a new server gives that player(s) an obvious advantage over ruby free players. At the very least there should have been a limit in the first month or so on ruby to res conversion....maybe the amount received per ruby getting less (rather than dependant on attacks made etc) ...or rubies only permitted for buying moons or speeding up builds. Then Zorg get the income they want over a longer period, rather than a short burst of income from a few players. This was meant to be a new server with longevity....now a lot of players fear that the short term greed will result in long term drop in players....

The whims of a few have spoilt it for the majority....such a shame

On a side note, being able to dump rubies from any server to new server was real poor timing and shouldn't have been available at the start ....once again. no-one asked for it.....maybe it should only be an option on accounts where the ORIGINAL account holder was still running the account....

Is there any reason Imperial Bonds couldn't function as War Bonds did in Generals? That is to say, they should be restricted for the top 10 players. Though this would still allow players to buy their way into the top 10, once they got into the top 10, they at least wouldn't be able to buy the number one or two spot. Thus, there would be a more even playing field and skill would play the primary role once a player reached the top ranks... Not a perfect solution, but at least no player would be able to outstrip other players two or three fold simply due to spending, which would definitely be a major improvement.

I love how Sprog always speaks for the people. Like a senator or something. I guess that's the only thing that you need to change in your posts Sprog. It is better to start speaking for yourself. Then, perhaps I will be able to give more attention to what you write. Right now, it is mostly more like you are making a speech from a podium than anything else.

==++==

Pulsar, the reason we ended up with a completely new type of support for Reloaded, different from Imperial support to all universes and war bonds to Generals was because we wanted something better. Imperial Bonds are really better from both.

To answer specifically to your question; When you got a 2 month race, the gap between 10 players cannot be that big. Or the gap between #1 to #10. Or when the game ends after 2 months, it means that someone can buy his #1 spot. This is why War Bonds were not available to top 10.

However, look at the rest universes, which all have much life and history before today. The difference can be huge between #1 and #2. This is something we do not want to ever happen via rubies. This is one of the reasons why Imperial Bonds are better. They take in mind many factors.

==++==

I will say that you (all those that have, not Pulsar for sure as she maintains an investigating tone, which I find 100% correct) better stop this prediction game you are into. You are running into the possibility to be proven utterly wrong. Let me take the prediction burden instead. After all, at least, I know how they work. You don't. You only assume from what you see. However neither what you see is the whole picture nor the whole picture is enough to understand their functionality.

It took you years to realize how Imperial Support works and still, no one can 100% guess exactly what happens. So for Imperial Bonds that has multiple factors, you better not even try.

Simply wait for the universe to age. Then we will see if it is ruined or not and those at top if they deserve their position or if they bought it. If you think this has already proven, then you are simply wrong.

It appears there is a debate about the fairness of using Ruby's.. Granted for those that can afford the to buy them, there is an instant payoff in points and ranking, and for fairness I will openly state that I have and do use that ability. But as a retort to the "unfairness" of this practice. I ask what is different from using this versus playing against others that have greater resources of time to devote to the game. Is it fair to the Ruby user that might only have say 1-2 hours of the days they can play versus those that can play 8-10 hours.. Just a point of view from the other side. I am sure this will generate "wallet warrior" comments and the like, but for those that know me I am open to good and healthy debate..

Fly safe all

The Bear.

Zorg stated:- "I love how Sprog always speaks for the people. Like a senator or something. I guess that's the only thing that you need to change in your posts Sprog. It is better to start speaking for yourself. Then, perhaps I will be able to give more attention to what you write. Right now, it is mostly more like you are making a speech from a podium than anything else."

Isn't Sprog the leader of an alliance? Perhaps not. But, if he is, perhaps he's speaking for his members?

Also for those who say the rankings are unfair to those not using Ruby's, I suggest then do not count users who spend over X amount in the final standings, it would not be that hard for Zorg to write code to do that, you can count them in the individual standings ie; fleet, buildings and etc.. so others can see their fleet size.. I play the game to play the game and interact with others here, I really don't care for the overall ranking... just he thoughts of the Bear.. Feel free to rip and shred..

Fly safe
The Bear..

The Bear wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:52 pm
It appears there is a debate about the fairness of using Ruby's.. Granted for those that can afford the to buy them, there is an instant payoff in points and ranking, and for fairness I will openly state that I have and do use that ability. But as a retort to the "unfairness" of this practice. I ask what is different from using this versus playing against others that have greater resources of time to devote to the game. Is it fair to the Ruby user that might only have say 1-2 hours of the days they can play versus those that can play 8-10 hours.. Just a point of view from the other side. I am sure this will generate "wallet warrior" comments and the like, but for those that know me I am open to good and healthy debate..

Fly safe all

The Bear.
Some players can ill afford the time or indeed buy rubies. What about them? Do they get an allowance over and above anything else that other players can raid or buy?
How would you go about this? The time you put in to the game is irrelevant. The question that was raised was that we were led to believe that this new server was going to be a level playing field, this did not happen. That it was going to be free of rubies at least from the outset. Again, this did not happen. What we have again is a disparity between the top and the bottom of the rankings. The players at the top are the players that have bought or transferred rubies from others servers. This level playing field was a little more hilly than players thought it was going to be.

The point with the time issue is, when you join a game like this, then you join knowing how much time you can afford to put in to it. If you haven't got the time, then you don't play the game in the first place. Rubies, if you can afford them, you can march your way past other players who build their accounts through hard work. Some players are unable to buy rubies through the costs involved, myself, I am limited because of the ridiculous service that is PayPal. The game is supposedly "free to play", but there are disadvantages to not being able to buy rubies, those that can buy them have an immediate advantage.

Rubies are the life blood of the game for Zorg. This game is a business, without these sales then Zorg would be unable to function. I have nothing against players buying rubies but, there have been instances recently where a player buys his or her way to an instant fleet with instant techs, get hammered and leaves the game, You see them in permanent v mode. Or, you see players who pretty much seem to be in v mode semi permanently, come out of v mode, ruby up even more fleet, hammer some poor newb who cannot compete with them, then return to v mode before anyone can touch them. So, that newb leaves the game. Is that fair? Perhaps, and I will get hammered for this but, should there be a limit on the number of rubies you can buy within a finite time? Perhaps the maximum permissible in one purchase transaction should be the most you can obtain in each game week? Wouldn't that be more than enough for each week?