updates to standard server?

I haven't played in speed for quite a while. I checked it out and noticed that they have elite recyclers there. Would it be possible too get those in standard?

Are there other updates to game play that aren't linked to speed that we might be interested in, in standard?

Re: updates to standard server?

I really would not want this in Standard. I noted my reasons for dissension a long time ago here:

https://www.zorgempire.net/forums/viewt ... 247#p83247
Nuada wrote:Pardon my being a voice of dissension. The notion will leave lower level players out of the DF collection loop, provide significant advantage to those affording the highest comp tech levels, and allow those already resource rich (or capable of more quickly, more efficiently making themselves resource rich) effectively to monopolize the most resource rich areas of the game expending fewer resources in less time to get it. It further could favor largest fleeters via dramatic climb in DF consumption impacting FS tactics.

It would effectively change the game, in nearly all areas, dramatically.
Ní mar a shíltear a bhítear.
Ní féidir maraigh tú an Dullahan
Níl luibh ná leigheas in aghaidh an bháis.

Re: updates to standard server?

viewtopic.php?p=126287#p126287
malachi wrote:I don't think that it would change a whole lot, from what I have seen they are cheaper than Elite Cargo ships, and would help smaller players out a ton, but allowing them to recycle more than before and also allowing them to fleet save more resources without having to buy the bigger Elite Cargo ships or RIPS.

Recyclers would also help out smaller players with cleaning up moonshots, and recycling their lost fleets quicker if they are paying attention,

The rest of the game play doesn't really change all that much because they travel at the same speed as normal recyclers, they use the same Combustion engines so the speed is the same, The Fuel cost for one Elite Recycler is %50 of the cost for sending 100 Regular Recyclers. I don't see how it would change the gameplay that much, most players have about a billion recyclers already that travel the same speed as the proposed Regular Recyclers.

Maybe we could try them out, give everyone 1 Elite Recycler for a couple of weeks, if we like it then they stay and we can build more, otherwise they just disappear, that way new users get them too, just to even it out.