Re: i see a lot of inactives have been vmoded...

I haven't played massacre in a couple months at least, so I wouldn't really know. I"m just going by what I read on the forums.

I don't know about Standard or Massacre, but in Speed and X, I'd say about 80%+ of any medium/large players are in 3-4, maybe 5 "super' alliances. I think this could be fixed, if more people were brought into the game. I don't think any alliance would go past say 40 players. That's just my opinion. The clusters might get bigger, but there would be more targets for most people.

Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.
Sun Tzu

Why argue with anyone about the certain universes they like to play in? Each player gets to choose which one to play in and they stay in their respective universes... Although starting a new universe would be very nice and help a lot of problems it wouldn't solve the problem of players not wanting it to come about... And making the current universes better obviously doesn't do anything because I haven't noticed too much change since the elite recycler or even the forums contest that was thrown... I am usually one to complain or nag on others but today I am just trying to help. If Zorg ran a Generals universe more often then it would get rid of some of the big players for a short time and allow the smaller players to grow even if only slightly. Do more contests of any sort, even just to be a small winner...It keeps the players attention and gives small advantages. Make some script that announces winners for raiders/attackers/defenders etc... through each universe or through the forums. It will give the players a stronger will to win because after two weeks pass, nobody remembers the winner... Back to this situation of putting inactives into vmode. If you are so intent on people not using them to live off of, simply cut production in half for all double inactives. If the player has 50+ rubies, put those rubies into an lottery that people can win or something of the sort...
fusion

If I weren't me, I would be you.

I see all your reasons Zorg...
You seem to have all the answers...
so I hope you right and the rest of the server..., well lets say 99% are wrong...
only the next 3 months will give us the answer...
the problem...,
after that time... it will be tool late to change the course you taking..
I will be blue after my research completes...
till my friends..., that are now in vmode too..., or will be soon..,
come back..., as I play this game both from a strategy..., and social aspect..
I hope you guys know what you doing..
or this server is gonna die...

evilbass wrote:I see all your reasons Zorg...
You seem to have all the answers...
so I hope you right and the rest of the server..., well lets say 99% are wrong...
only the next 3 months will give us the answer...
the problem...,
after that time... it will be tool late to change the course you taking..
I will be blue after my research completes...
till my friends..., that are now in vmode too..., or will be soon..,
come back..., as I play this game both from a strategy..., and social aspect..
I hope you guys know what you doing..
or this server is gonna die...

Evilbass, that was quite nice, poetic. A nice change to get your point across.

I want to read through the beginning, collect points and reply them all. So, I will post again soon.

Till then, some more key points:

-THERE ARE NO GENERATED PLAYERS
We NEVER artificially generated ANY player. ALL THESE players in X-TREME (and other universes) are REAL signups.

-VMODE discussion is 13 months old. Probably longer as it surely have been discussed in other topics before. The decision is 13 months old. I have been doubted in my saying. So here are two points in that link I gave where this is specifically mentioned.
viewtopic.php?p=120212#p120212
viewtopic.php?p=120180#p120180

-There will never be a reset of X-TREME. X-TREME will run as long as it can pay for its server costs. All universes are secured for the next 10 years already.

Two things for you Zorg...

1. Will there be another Generals universe anytime soon?
2. If you are encouraging PvP then I suggest no rule for bashing..period. Then there should also be no need to declare war in the forums. (Just personal opinions of mine)
fusion

If I weren't me, I would be you.

What the problem is new players can't take on players that are massive bigger than them raid is the way to get resources to build and grow. But biggest fundamentals of the game was it never was designed to be open ended. Because we have a open ending we need find ways of helping growth and ways of PvP . Or this issue will never go away

Zorg wrote:I want to read through the beginning, collect points and reply them all. So, I will post again soon.

Till then, some more key points:

-THERE ARE NO GENERATED PLAYERS
We NEVER artificially generated ANY player. ALL THESE players in X-TREME (and other universes) are REAL signups.

-VMODE discussion is 13 months old. Probably longer as it surely have been discussed in other topics before. The decision is 13 months old. I have been doubted in my saying. So here are two points in that link I gave where this is specifically mentioned.
viewtopic.php?p=120212#p120212
viewtopic.php?p=120180#p120180

-There will never be a reset of X-TREME. X-TREME will run as long as it can pay for its server costs. All universes are secured for the next 10 years already.

My dear Zorg...scroll down to IKYAN's reply to the account deletions in the first link. What he said makes a lot of sense. On second thought, let me repost it here:

"If you can keep the plentiful amount of new players from getting bored, you'd be set. That's a much larger problem than raiders raiding. So let's put ourselves in the shoes of a new player. This one is quite easy for me since I restarted a few weeks ago:

So the start of the game is slow. Hell, I could go play an fps and be immersed immediately. Okay so the chat here is dead too, not noob friendly, if I was just starting now for the first time, I would have just left. Before there was an active playerbase that showed new players how to play.

Okay, let's assume a new player sticks though that. So they want to grow and they start raiding. New players of course raid inactives as they are the easy farms to grow from. Hey guys, I have a good idea to increase activity, let's get rid of all the inactives :wall: . I hope you can see the problem with this logic.

Okay, so now let's pretend the inactives are gone (at least for the most part, as 45 day deletions/vmodes will remove the good farms). So you are a new player and need to make your profits from something. You are in noob protection so you can't raid large players. There are few inactives. Looks like you get to watch your mines produce. Very fun game idea :roll: .

As well, new players want to catch the big dogs in any game they play. And let's face it, new players in servers have no chance to catch the top players without large pools of inactives. Taking two players that joined late and caught up to the top (from when I know) - Dex (probe raiding inactives) and Thorr (constant raiding inactives and RIP-raiding inactives when he'd be offline). Both those players raided inactives for the vast majority of their profits. I'm sure others have caught up since, probably by doing the same. Lowering the chance of new players catching large players will be demoralizing to them and make them leave"

99.9% of the player base are against this and yet you continue on this path. The .1% that are in favor of it are the driving force of this decision?

So let me put this in a business perspective and not a game perspective.

I am a businessman and I have made a decision that 99.9% of my customers are in a disagreement with. Would I continue with that decision, not if I want to stay in business. I then make another decision about a year later that again 99.9% of my customers are not happy with. What happens to my business?? It closes and am out of business.

You stated that zorg is secure for the next ten years, great...only Gozar will be here and a sea of blue players.

― Sun Tzu, The Art of War